In New Jersey, various building codes change every three years. The following building codes are presently scheduled to change this coming Spring:
– International Building Code – NJ Edition 2009
– National Standard Plumbing Code – 2009
– International Energy Conservation Code NJ Edition 2009
– ASHRAE 90.1.2007
– International Mechanical Code – 2009
– International Fuel Gas Code – 2009
– International Residential Code – NJ Edition 2009
– ANSI – A117.1 – 2003
The National Electric Code, 2011 was adopted May 7, 2012 and is not expected to change further until May 2015.
Once the approved list of new codes is issued, a list with the proper names will be provided. Also the date the codes will be officially adopted will be provided which is typically six months after they are approved. This is known as a “grace period” where the old codes or the new codes can be used. After the grace period is over, only the newly adopted codes can be used.
If you have any questions regarding this issue, please feel free to write or give me a call.